POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : DAZ and megapov's simcloth : Re: DAZ and megapov's simcloth Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:33:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DAZ and megapov's simcloth
From: regdo
Date: 26 Jan 2005 05:07:27
Message: <41f76bdf$1@news.povray.org>
regdo wrote:
> Tim Cook wrote:
>
>> invert normals?
>>
> I tried "inverse" in the declaration of the object, but it has no
> effect. Is it the right way to do it ?
No way to make it work with the mesh. It seems to work with a cone. The
question is : the doc says it must be used on "object with well-defined
interior". Does that mean that a mesh is not an object with well-defined
interior ? Does anyone know what, technically, is behind that definition ?
If it's a mathematically solid shape, that features loses much of it's
interest to me. But I have already seen renders of cloth on people
(don't remember where, tough). How did they do ? *sigh*