POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Summing over indices of an array : Summing over indices of an array Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:53:05 EDT (-0400)
  Summing over indices of an array
From: Max Ulbrich
Date: 22 Jan 2005 02:07:52
Message: <41f1fbc8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I just trying to get started with Povray and try to sum elements of an
array.
If I use elem[0]+elem[1]+elem[2]+... it works fine.
If I try sum(i,1,n,elem[i]) I get an error.
What is the usual way to get it done? I cannot find help in the Povray
tutorial from the povray web page. Is there a good online tutorial that
explains easy things and has lots of examples?
Thanks,
Max