POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : wrapping it up (again) : Re: wrapping it up (again) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:10:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wrapping it up (again)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 14 Jan 2005 11:47:12
Message: <41e7f790$1@news.povray.org>
news:41e7a1ab@news.povray.org...
> Slime <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
>> +C ? Unless you're using radiosity...
>
>  At least in the past using +C with radiosity was not a problem.
>  If it's a problem currently, it's a bug, imho.

I did a +C and it looks ok (even with radiosity), but it happened to crash
right where there is a natural horizontal line in the image, so any problems
wouldn't likely be noticed anyway.  It's only a 4-day render, and there are
a couple things that I'm still not 100% happy with, so it will likely be
re-rendered regardless.

But...  If I recall correctly, using +C with radiosity was a problem in 3.5.
Is that what you mean?  If there was a way around it (short of saving the
radiosity data before doing the render), I was never aware of it.  You
basically end-up with a line where the continuation took place.  At least,
that's what I recall.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com