POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Making it simple... : Re: Making it simple... Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:43:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making it simple...
From: LuckyLook
Date: 10 Dec 2004 06:33:05
Message: <41b98971@news.povray.org>
> Hello,
>
> I developed PoseRay and you can contact me easily. My site and email are
> listed at the top of the help file.
>
> What feedback do you have?
>
> later,
>
> FlyerX
> http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/

OOoops, I saw your email there and I know the site. I just wanted to know if
someone there already contacted you :)

My feedback at that time is : AMAZING !!!!!!!!

I tried lots of import plugs (including commercial ones) for various 3d
progs, and none was able to completely and correctly import the textures in
a poser file (textures were ok most of the time, but bumps or transparencies
were wrong or not present). And none offered a preview and the flexibility
poseray has.

But there are a few things I'd like to see to make it even more stunnning
- more povray texture options. Retaining uvmaps but adding some povray
finishes to the texture... well... I must experiment more to say exactly
what I'd like to see there
- multiple texture selection and modification would be helpful. If you want
to change the body texture of victoria, you have to change the parameters of
lots of textures.
- more subdivision options. Well It's already a great step forward... a huge
step...

Pardon me if some of the things I request here are already present, I didn't
have the time to test a lot yet (too much work right now). If I have some
more ideas, I'll keep you informed. Glad to see you here and keep on working
on poseray. Your prog rocks !!!!!

LL