POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Returning to povray... what's that newsgroup, a miracle ?? : Re: Returning to povray... what's that newsgroup, a miracle ?? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 18:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Returning to povray... what's that newsgroup, a miracle ??
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 8 Dec 2004 21:49:55
Message: <41b7bd53$1@news.povray.org>
"LuckyLook" <zed### [at] kwfmediacom> wrote in message
> Hi, people !!
>
> I've been playing with povray for a long time, a few years ago. But then I
> discovered poser and... damn... I got addicted.

My addiction 20% Poser, 80% POV.  :-)

> I made some experiments with poseray but at that time it was far less
> powerful and it was not easy to get a good povray render without playing
> with subdividing in other proggies... and I'd better not talk about the
> texture problems. And what do I see now ??? An improved poseray, a
> newsgroup
> about poser/povray (not very active yet, but that's a start), people
> interested in it ??? Me likes !

PoseRay now does subdividing as well.  I'm not sure how I could live without
it (actually, I simply complained a lot).  Integrating Poser models into
POV-Ray still has issues, but I can't believe how far it has come in the
last couple years.  Getting converting from Poser OBJ's and then converting
into POV-Ray used to be a real pain.  Now it's often just a few clicks.

> For those wondering, I have a gallery at renderosity... mostly made of
> naked
> ladies (poser clothing is expensive, less than real female clothing but
> still expensive), and some povray renders... and... well... my interest in
> povray now is just using it as an external renderer for poser.

I checked it out.  There are some very nice pics there.  I especially liked
"Feeling Hot" and "Feeling Blue" (nice textures/bump-maps).

> Let's jump in, and viva poser and Povray united !!!!

:-)

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com