POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poser Hair : Re: Poser Hair Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:02:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser Hair
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 4 Dec 2004 21:46:14
Message: <41b27676@news.povray.org>
> Thinks; Madonna and child with Mohawk?
> Yes you might just be onto something there :-)

*lol*

> Seriously I phrased the question poorly, again thanks for thinking
> about it. I wanted hair that hangs straight down.

Or I misinterpreted - for hair that hangs straight down, I think you just
add some more gravity to the sim and make sure you don't add any clumpyness.
I was messing around with a straighed haired woman with about four foot
hairs that didn't look too bad, once the hair 'draped' down.  You have to
give the sim some time.

But it *is* a sim, so the hair starts out 'straight out' and then falls
down, per the gravity effect.  You can fiddle with the initial position, but
given that the hair grows in the direction of the normals, gravity works
better than the 'down' or 'back' controls because each normal is a bit
different.  (been a while since I was in the hair room, I hope I got the
names right).

My real problem is that there is no good way to export the hair to POVRay
currently, that I know of, so I didn't do too much more messing with it.

        == John ==