POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Portrait orientation: 1200x1600 : Re: Portrait orientation: 1200x1600 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:52:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portrait orientation: 1200x1600
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 Nov 2004 07:56:51
Message: <419c9c13@news.povray.org>

news:419ac6ba$1@news.povray.org...

> If  I were to insist on a portrait orientation,   is there any advice:
> don't bother,  it'd be welcome, try it but make sure you do XYZ,  etc.?

Just make sure that using portrait is justified by the subject. For my own
images, I tend to favour portrait orientation to landscape (unless it's
widescreen like 8/3), perhaps because it lends itself to "roomy" pictures
where vertical compositions can be made more towering and impressive.

In any case, the choice of an appropriate format is very important and a
good choice of format and ratio can really define a picture and give it
meaning. The "traditional" landscape 4/3 is just a byproduct of computer
screen technology, not an artistic requirement.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com