POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Who unsubmitted? : Re: Who unsubmitted? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:33:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who unsubmitted?
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 13 Nov 2004 19:41:27
Message: <4196a9b7$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Thorn" <mik### [at] realitycheckmultimediacom> wrote in message
> Did anybody withdraw their image(s) for tweaking after the competition?

I intend to put a great deal more work into my image.  I have already
started to fix some of the technical problems.  The funny thing is that
certain types of technical problems can look like "features" from a
distance, but they look quite awful in the larger renders.  So then I had to
make adjustments for that as well.

Anyway, I've said all along that I had a huge list of things that I wanted
to do with my image, and it was simply a matter of doing what was
technically feasible and a matter of dealing with the time-constraint of the
original 2.5 months.  Now I'm adding in some of those other features/objects
that time forced me to leave out of the original.  When I get all of that in
there, and when I get my new renders all done, I'll withdraw and resubmit.
Worst case, something happens to me and I can't resubmit, the old image is
still there.

> Just curious whether I should spend the next two months sprucing up my
> image or maybe try a second entry (I have a few interesting ideas). :)

In my opinion, if you are aware of ANY problems with your image, whether
technical or artistic, I think it would be worthwhile to spruce it up.  Of
course, there is always the possibility of ruining a good image, but I guess
that's a risk you'll have to weigh.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com