POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP hints #1: References in 3D : Re: POVCOMP hints #1: References in 3D Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:09:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP hints #1: References in 3D
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 2 Nov 2004 11:28:41
Message: <4187b5b9$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> The following links are examples of recent 3D work taken outside the POV-Ray
> community. It's just a very small sample, but it covers a lot of ground.
> These works are for most of them created by professional graphic artists
> using high-end expensive tools, and able to spend a lot of time on their 3D
> work.

Wow, thanks.  Those are some eye-openers and no mistake.  I was kind of
stuck in the "how can I make the most realistic and detailed flowers and
trees" mode.  That was competing with the "to heck with the flowers and
trees, maybe I can model some stuff on a table in a room" approach.
Time to do some serious re-thinking (and now we do have time.)

Thanks again.

Dave Matthews