POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 23 Oct 2004 17:03:04
Message: <417ac708$1@news.povray.org>
Wow.  That sure clears-up a lot of things...  Not an easy decision, indeed.

I'm somewhat surprised that there were so few participants.  It does make me
think that many people didn't feel they had enough time.  However, now we're
in a position where (as Bill P. mentioned) we've all run a marathon and now
we're told that we need to run an extra 30 miles.  It's good news for my
scene that I created, but on a personal level, such news is a little
unsettling.  I hope this isn't the case (sincerely, I do), but I have to
wonder if some people may give-up at this point.  I really hope that this
encourages more participants, and not less.  At this point, even if someone
was just now starting their image, they would still have 3 months, which
isn't bad.

I'm planning to look on the bright side.  There were quite a few things that
I wanted to do, but simply ran out of time.  I expected that.  I realized
the time-constraints.  I'm quite hopeful that I can make a number of
improvements to what I've already put together, including certain technical
problems that I didn't notice until too late.

Once again, good luck to all!  And may "all" include more of you!

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com