POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : radiosity artifact(s) : Re: radiosity artifact(s) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity artifact(s)
From: Alain
Date: 13 Oct 2004 21:28:47
Message: <416dd64f@news.povray.org>
Manuel Kasten nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-10-13 17:02... :

>Hallo,
>
>http://home.arcor.de/mad_onion/005%20rund%20-%20bett.jpg
>As you can see, the room is artifact-free except the one marked
>with the arrow. I often have mainly clean images but with a few
>big artifacts. How do these come into existance? How can I
>prevent such artifacts? Is there something wrong with my scene
>or my radiosity parameters (see below)?
>
>Thank you,
>        Manuel
>

>current radiosity parameters:
>
>#include "rad_def.inc"
>global_settings {
>    radiosity {
>        Rad_Settings( Radiosity_Normal, off, off)
>        recursion_limit 5
>        brightness 2.0
>    }
>}

Try lowering error_bound from it's default value of 1.8. Do it by 0.1 or
less decreases. In some cases, a small increase may give some
improvement. Also, increasing the count may help, default = 35.
Setting pretrace_end to 0.02 or 0.01 or less can aleviate some artifacts
in some cases (default = 0.04)

Alain