POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Detail Image : Re: Detail Image Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail Image
From: Oleguer Vilella
Date: 9 Oct 2004 17:33:46
Message: <4168593a$1@news.povray.org>
Hello Gilles,
Thank you to ask my question.
I understood my mistake and I corrected it. Now I used this code "+SR0.44
+ER0.66 +SC0.66 +EC0.79". I understood if I use this option I have to use
the zoom.inc.
But if I use the other option I have to multiply the image resolution by 5
and substract "EC0.79-SC0.55=24", in that way, the partial render is 24%.
Multiply 960*5=4800 and 1280*5=6400, so +W6400 and +H4800.
On the resolution box I have to put the main resolution (960x1280)?
Then I can cut the black borders using CorelDraw or Photoshop.
Did I understand all right?

Best regards,
Oleguer

> news: 41682cd5@news.povray.org...
> > Now I have questions:
> > My main render is Width=1280 Height=960, I selected this space:
> > Start_Row=0.33 +E0.25 +SC0.55 +EC0.75
> > but I want to have this space of my main render at 1280x960 (as the main
> > render). If I render it with the same resolution .ini file it only uses
> > this
> > part of the resolution ( Start_Row=0.33 +E0.25 +SC0.55 +EC0.75 ). How
can
> > do to use all the space?
>
> First, note that the area you choose isn't using a valid syntax (E0.25)
and
> if we assume it to be +ER0.25 then the end row is smaller than the start
row
> : it should be something like +SR0.25 +ER0.33 + SC0.55 +EC0.75. Also,
> assuming this is right, it  has an unusual format ratio of 3.33. This is
> perfectly valid according to the rules, but make sure that this is really
> what you want.
>
> Second, look at the example given here http://www.povcomp.com/samples/
>
> If by "using all the space" you mean rendering the detail view as a
> stand-alone picture without needing to crop it out, then you'll need the
> zoomin.inc include file (and perhaps to modify the camera definition)
(link