POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : What I don't get... : Re: What I don't get... Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:54:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What I don't get...
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Oct 2004 16:14:47
Message: <416846b7@news.povray.org>

4168308e$1@news.povray.org...
> Why can't I render my image, (1450x1024), and then change to a
> different <read: much higher> res, and then use the internal drag in
> the render window (winPoV), to produce my close-up images? Will this
> work, and can I do this? It seems so much easier if allowed.

You can obviously do that if you want (the rules just state what you have to
provide, how you do that is up to you), it's just that declaring the area
using the mouse isn't very precise. In any case, if speed isn't an issue,
you can render an area big enough using the manual way and then crop out the
area to get the detail part in an editing program. In fact that's what I'd
do if I were participating (I'm doing a lot of detail views, and I always
spend some time deciding on the exact area). Be sure to remember the pixel
co-ordinates though, as these are required in the submission form.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com