POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Re: Competition submission : Re: Competition submission Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:50:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition submission
From: St
Date: 30 Sep 2004 14:24:00
Message: <415c4f40@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message
> "jute" <jus### [at] ikifi> wrote in message
> >
> > Thanks!  Next time you guys organize something like this, you MUST
figure
> > out a way to avoid disqualifying yourselves! :D
> >

> Yeah, or at least force them to submit an impressive image, even if
it's
> ineligible.  Like, "Had Gilles been eligible, this would have been
his
> image."  ;-)

Ok, how about a small comp for the PoV team between themselves, run by
'us' for them? If it's a 'go', I'll put my 'all' into it. Thoughts?

> I'm pretty happy with my entry.  I'm trying to finish it up now, and
I'll be
> leaving about 11 days for the final render +details, just in case
something
> goes wrong.  I think it's my best scene yet, but I'm biased, and "my
best"
> may not come close.  I know what others can do, and I know enough to
know
> that they know a lot more than I know, so I work with what I now
know.  Ya
> know?

 Heh, yeah, I know at least. I'm the same. I'm happy with mine, and
it's the best I've produced so far, for sure.

> But seriously, I created something that I'm proud of, so whether I
place in
> the competition or not, I'll be making a poster for my own
enjoyment.  :-)

    Too right. Can't wait to see it.

> Good luck to you as well!

   Yes, good luck Jeremy, good luck all!  :)

   ~Steve~