POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Re: Competition submission : Re: Competition submission Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:53:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition submission
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Sep 2004 18:38:38
Message: <414e0a6e$1@news.povray.org>
In article <414### [at] joplincom> , Leroy <lrw### [at] joplincom>  wrote:

>> Well, given that POV-Ray does not write JPEG files, how else could you
>> possibly get a JPEG file of a POV-Ray render?
>
> Then this line
> "No post processing of any kind is permitted."
> in Rule 4.Image D should be changed to advoid any confusion.

No, there is no need to change any rules. Some basic intelligence is
required of the competition participants:

The sample images are JPEG and obviously JPEG images were always allowed.
Anybody unable to understand that compressing an image is *not* post
processing in the sense of the rules should probably not be taking part -
you might consider it natural selection :-)

And remember, the same kind of post processing rules have worked for the
IRTC well for many years. Nobody even had a problem there either.  I would
strongly advice to maybe use some common sense and not the lawyer mode of
thinking.  It is much more productive to work on your images in the end!

    Thorsten