POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Updated rules : Re: Updated rules Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:49:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated rules
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Sep 2004 12:41:11
Message: <414b13a7@news.povray.org>
In article <414b0e8f$1@news.povray.org> , "Jeremy M. Praay"
<jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote:

> I'm not sure that I follow.  Either that or you didn't follow me.  I think
> you're saying that my first estimate of 4800x3600 was closer (obviously
> assuming 4:3 aspect ratio for the original image), though a little on the
> high side.
>
> To avoid any further misunderstandings, my contention is that by using
> +sr/+sc/+er/+ec, we would have to take a 800x800 detail section of an image
> that was not less than 4619x3465 (still assuming 4:3 aspect ratio), if it
> was rendered in full, in order to get a detail section that was less than or
> equal to 1/25 of the entire image.  I suppose those dimensions may be
> negociable by a pixel for each dimension, depending on how/where things get
> rounded.

Well, this is what the povcomp sample page (linked in the post that started
this thread) has explained all along, and I don't understand why you are
repeating it?!?  If you already know the answer, why ask the question?
Sorry, I just don't understand your point then!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde