POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Updated rules : Re: Updated rules Server Time
24 Apr 2024 06:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated rules
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Sep 2004 16:14:58
Message: <4149f442@news.povray.org>
In article <4145d55e$1@news.povray.org> , "Jeremy M. Praay"
<sla### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Someone can correct me (again) if I'm wrong, but the "big" render size would
> have to be at least 5334x4000 in order to get an 800x800 detail view that
> was <= 1/25 of the original picture.

You are wrong.  The detail image size has to be at least 800 by 800.  This
says nothing about the part in the main image. The rules only require that
the area in the main image the detail image shows is not more than 1/25 of
the total main image area.  You could pick a 1 by 1 pixel area in the main
image and render that with a resolution of 800 by 800 easily.

    Thorsten