POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : unofficial versions? : Re: unofficial versions? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 00:29:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: unofficial versions?
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 30 Aug 2004 14:39:07
Message: <4133744b$1@news.povray.org>
Without a change in the rules to directly allow for MegaPov 1.1 Beta, that
appears to be the case.

Patched versions had to be publicly available on or before August 3rd.
MegaPov 1.1 Beta was announced on August 16th, making it clearly ineligible.
Bad timing, I suppose.  I just hope everyone (else) realizes this.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com