POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Detail Views : Re: Detail Views Server Time
23 Apr 2024 08:52:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail Views
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 26 Aug 2004 18:00:19
Message: <412e5d73$1@news.povray.org>

news:web.412e277f2c3552b96bcddb6d0@news.povray.org...

> The full size image will still be used as additional information,
> just like the separate detail views, but I wonder if this puts tall
> images at a disadvantage in the judging?

Tall images are always at a theoretical disadvantage since computer screens
are horizontal. Now, frankly, I doubt that it will make a difference, since
the judges will have the full one anyway. All my IRTC entries - like most of
my POV-Ray work in the past years - had odd ratios (vertical or panoramas)
that didn't do them justice on screen, and it didn't really hurt them...

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com