POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Anonymity : Re: Anonymity Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anonymity
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 24 Aug 2004 18:39:45
Message: <412bc3b1@news.povray.org>

news:412b5d21$1@news.povray.org...

> Or...  Am I concerned too much with anonymity?  Is it really not that big
of
> a deal?
> Just something I've been wondering about...

Don't worry. If the competition attracts enough people, each competitor will
be somehow diluted enough. Anonymity is there, I presume, to make sure that
images are first judged for their merit and that the competition does not
become some personal match between known POVers, with specific expectations
from the judges and from the public. Some "leaking" can't be avoided for
sure, as good artists have something known as "style" :), but I can't see
that as a problem.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com