POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Anonymity : Re: Anonymity Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anonymity
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 24 Aug 2004 16:27:20
Message: <412ba4a8$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:412b902b$1@news.povray.org...

> "Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message
>
> > Anyway, I was wondering how the artist could reasonably remain
> anonymous.
>
>    I was also wondering about this, and the possibility that my
> 'style' might be known, (if that's actually possible!)

Yep, we can recognize your stuff from a mile away... ;-)
(just kidding!)

>    I'm also anxious about what you have to do, to actually enter...
> and I haven't registered yet!  :/

Get registered!

What do you mean, "...about what you have to do, to actually enter"?
Avoiding the obvious "read the rules and guidelines", I'll try to take a
stab at your comment:
If you mean, "What are the judges looking for?"  In a nutshell (and as
someone else has stated), just produce something that is a good showcase for
POV-Ray's features.  However, I can't imagine a complex scene that also uses
isosurfaces, complex textures, glass interiors, media, high focal blur, high
radiosity, lots of photons, area lights, etc.  If someone is producing
something like that, I hope they've already started rendering.  ;-)

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com