POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Anonymity : Re: Anonymity Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:30:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anonymity
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 24 Aug 2004 16:11:15
Message: <412ba0e3$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> Personally if I was making an entry I would not reveal it anywhere but
> when I register.  I would want to win or lose solely on the impact of
> the image

I have revealed my project to a few people at work, but yes, I agree.  I
was/am equally reluctant when making an IRTC entry.  Like you say, I guess I
don't want to gain or lose sympathy based on anything other than the image
itself, which I'm guessing is the goal of the organizers in this case.  If I
were judging, I'm sure I would have certain biases, even if I tried not to.
But maybe I'm more petty than the average guy.  Anonymity is good, imho.

Back when I used to paint (maybe I'll get back into that some day, but I was
never very accomplished), I never wanted anyone to see my work until after I
was done.  I'm not sure why, but there are probably some obvious
psychological reasons.  It's sometimes easier to accept criticism after
something is done, rather than while it's in-progress.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com