POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : So... : Re: So... Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:45:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So...
From: Ken
Date: 8 Aug 2004 14:48:04
Message: <41167564@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
news:41166fef@news.povray.org...

> > Tran may not be competing, on the other hand, maybe he's already sitting
> on
> > an image he's worked on for months intending to upload it to the "contest"
> > at the last minute...
>
> Actually, I won't enter the competition for the very reason that I've known
> (as a TAG member) about the competition well before it was officially
> announced. This would be unfair to the other competitors and there would be
> a potential conflict of interest. I don't rule out making a nice pic for the
> fun of it - if I can find the time - but it wouldn't be competing.

And as much as I, too, would like to have the chance to win a $10,000 super
computer, I am also bowing out of the competition to avoid the conflict of
interest claims.

However, if the winner would like to donate it to me after the competition is over,
I certainly would not refuse the offer. <wink> <wink>