POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP Vs IRTC ideology : POVCOMP Vs IRTC ideology Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:08:53 EDT (-0400)
  POVCOMP Vs IRTC ideology
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 7 Aug 2004 02:35:57
Message: <4114784d$1@news.povray.org>
I'm just wondering, from the stated goal of this competition to "show of
what Pov-Ray can do" I get the feeling that this might turn into a
tech/features showcase. Not that that's a bad thing really but if that
is the intended goal then will people who submit more minimalist scenes
that rely more heavily on lighting, shadowing or other basic artistic
concepts likely to get ranked lower? Often these scenes get at least an
honorable mention in the IRTC. I ask because I have some ideas in mind,
not that I have a snowballs chance in hell.