POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : So... : Re: So... Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:36:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So...
From: Tek
Date: 7 Aug 2004 00:37:05
Message: <41145c71$1@news.povray.org>
"Skip Talbot" <Ski### [at] aolcom> wrote in message news:411455bb@news.povray.org...
> So is anyone else bailing on their IRTC entry for this competition?

Sort of: I'd been planning to do 3 IRTC entries (to compensate for my feeble 0
entries in the last year!) and I've finished the first 2 but I've decided to can
the third image in favour of this competition.

> Anyone want to share some ideas you are considering tackling?

I've not settled on one idea yet, but all my plans are based around trying to
make an image that really shows off how good povray's standard features are. By
"standard features" I mean constructing the scene "properly" with photons,
radiosity, isosurfaces, media, etc. rather than my more usual trick of cheating
rather a lot to get the effect I'm after! That's not to say I won't cheat, just
that the focus of the image will be pure pov functionality.

Though if you're curious, my current ideas are as follows:
    - a Miyazaki-inspired whimsical scene of a young boy reflecting light from
his watch onto the floor for his pet cat to chase.
    - an image with skin cells close to the camera, sweeping back to a person,
in a landscape, with the galaxy in the background.
    - a motor-race in hi-tech cars on a stunt-track built over a mountain range.

Apologies to anyone with similar ideas, please feel free to carry on since
there's only a 1/3 chance I'll make the same image as you!

> Good luck to all.

I second that, though I do fear this might be a bit of a "give Gilles a new PC"
contest ;) (just kidding)

Still, whoever's image wins, I'm sure we're going to see the highest standard of
pov images created so far.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com