POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Re: Welcome to POVCOMP 2004! : Re: Welcome to POVCOMP 2004! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:08:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Welcome to POVCOMP 2004!
From: David Karl
Date: 5 Aug 2004 22:58:12
Message: <4112f3c4@news.povray.org>
mmmmm.....  Ramen.....

Well, the rules are up; time to get cracking.  I must say though, I was
really hoping one of the conditions would be *providing source*.  I mean,
it's optional, and must be available to provide to the moderators on demand,
but it would've been cool to require any posted / winning images to divulge
the source so all the POV junkies (like me) could spend our hours watching
the pixels appear.

But, I understand the downside, where many authors would be protective of
their hard-tuned source, and not want others to steal some of the finer
points, so they simply wouldn't compete in the competition.  And I'm sure
others worry about the 50 megs of meshes they're using : ) but I'd be glad
to donate web space.

Anyway, I do hope many authors WILL volunteer their source; I know if I get
any entries in, my source will be with it.
-D