POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Dark Triangles on Poser figures : Re: Dark Triangles on Poser figures Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:41:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dark Triangles on Poser figures
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 1 Jun 2004 22:32:06
Message: <40bd3c26@news.povray.org>
"Alain" <aze### [at] qwertygov> wrote in message

> You may try enlarging the area light. It /may/ aleviate your problem by
> making the shadow line fuzyer, possibly making the artifact less
> visible. Try ading a dim and tight spot light to get some extra light
> near the problem spot (you may need as many as there are artifacts).
> Using radiosity, a white box behind and to a side of the camera can give
> some extra light where needed. Make that box large enough so that it can
> have a significant contribution. It may need some ambient greater than 0
> or a diffuse >1. Not aplicable if there is a mirror showing that area.
> Those are tentative suggestions and may be counter indicated for your
sene.

Using a larger area light does lessen the problem, but it's still there.
BTW, I tried POV 3.6 beta also.  Maybe POV-Ray 4.0 (or 4.5 or 5.0) will fix
it.

Oh well...  I was trying to do a somewhat tasteful nude scene, which I'd
probably be rather reluctant to display publicly anyway.  ;-)  But in all
seriousness, finding good Poser clothes is difficult, making your own is
even harder, and getting the clothes to look good in a POV-Ray picture is
harder still.  But I've ranted about that before...

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com