POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Dark Triangles on Poser figures : Re: Dark Triangles on Poser figures Server Time
18 Apr 2024 07:35:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dark Triangles on Poser figures
From: Alain
Date: 1 Jun 2004 19:14:51
Message: <40bd0deb$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/06/01 12:54... :

>Unfortunately, it appears that there is no simple solution (unless you
>consider post-processing to be a solution).
>
>I came across this article which describes exactly the problem that I'm
>having, and now I'm slightly depressed:
>http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/TheShadowLineArtifact/index.html

You may try enlarging the area light. It /may/ aleviate your problem by
making the shadow line fuzyer, possibly making the artifact less
visible. Try ading a dim and tight spot light to get some extra light
near the problem spot (you may need as many as there are artifacts).
Using radiosity, a white box behind and to a side of the camera can give
some extra light where needed. Make that box large enough so that it can
have a significant contribution. It may need some ambient greater than 0
or a diffuse >1. Not aplicable if there is a mirror showing that area.
Those are tentative suggestions and may be counter indicated for your sene.

Alain