POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Problem setting texture for clothes : Re: Problem setting texture for clothes Server Time
25 Apr 2024 05:57:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem setting texture for clothes
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 16 Apr 2004 21:09:41
Message: <408083d5$1@news.povray.org>

news:4080781a@news.povray.org...

> All I want to do is assign a texture (any texture at all) to my home-made
> dress, recently displayed in p.b.i.  I can change the color just fine, but
> any time that I try to assign any texture to it, no matter how I scale the
> texture, all I get is one solid color.  This is even the case for
> image-maps; it just picks a color from some part of it and displays it.

Hey, I answered exactly the same question a few hours ago in the French
POV-Ray group... Looks that there's an epidemic :)

What happens is that your model doesn't have uvmapping data. It wouldn't be
a problem, but the converter still puts the uv_mapping keyword in the file,
perhaps with bogus uv coordinates.  I don't know about Poseray, but that is
what 3DWin does and it gave me some headaches before I figured it out.
What you need is either to create true uvmapping info (with uvmapper for
instance), or just remove the uv_mapping keyword at the end of the object
include file. You'll need to do that every time you regenerate the file of
course...

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com