POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : DAZ Studio beta available : Re: DAZ Studio beta available Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:34:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DAZ Studio beta available
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 16 Apr 2004 04:25:29
Message: <407f9879$1@news.povray.org>

news:407f4a48@news.povray.org...
> Uh, there's an empty scene when i load up the program. I may eventually
> stumble across the solution, but shouldn't I find an actual figure
somewhere
> in there??

DAZ is in the business of selling models so it's sort of understandable that
they didn't provide a model for free, and their potential customers are
Poser users who already have models anyway. It could have been difficult
indeed to give a free model good enough to be usable and representative of
the quality of DAZ models, but yet not a competition for their own models.
Of course, for people like you who are new to the Poser world, a startup
model would be nice. Perhaps you can grab one of the free copies of Poser 3
that are given in magazines.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com