POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : No, no, I won't let it! : Re: No, no, I won't let it! Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No, no, I won't let it!
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 10 Mar 2004 03:43:47
Message: <404ed543@news.povray.org>

news:404e5d93$1@news.povray.org...

> Oh :(  I was hoping to use some of your tips to help me get some nice
> results now that I've managed to find time to get back to POV. What do you
> think is no longer relevant?

One thing is that Xfrog moved from version 3.5, which was standalone, to
version 4.0, which only exists as a Cinema4D plug-in (and from my first
tests exporting from there works differently). It's still possible to buy
the 3.5 version though, so the tutorial is still valid for this one, but it
doesn't reflect the conversion process for both versions.
Also, Poseray is updated very often, things move around in the screens so
I'd need to download the latest version and go through the tutorial once
again to make sure that what I wrote is still valid. I already had to
rewrite the tutorial once even before it went live!
"Obsolete" is perhaps too strong a word. I won't remove the tutorial like I
removed the others but still it's no longer accurate.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com