POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : No, no, I won't let it! : Re: No, no, I won't let it! Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No, no, I won't let it!
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Mar 2004 09:39:03
Message: <404dd707@news.povray.org>

news:404dcebe$1@news.povray.org...

> Maybe I'll just save a copy then in my "Gilles" download folder. I
> always thought that it was a great little summary.  The way you are
> generous with your knowledge.  It talked about that place where
> technical intersects content.  And as a relative newbie then, I was
> reassured that my understanding of the situation was in fact correct.
> Made the whole enterprise a lot less threatening.

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you found it useful. It was less
generosity than laziness, though. Because my images contained human and
animal figures, I had many questions concerning them (most people assumed
that I modelled them myself) so it was just easier to write a summary than
to repeat the same things over and over. The same thing happened for the uv
tutorial, which was written, and now discontinued, for the same reasons. The
problem with generic tutorials like these is that they age very quickly. If
not updated every 6 months they become just misleading. Even my xfrog ->
povray tutorial, which was written a year ago, is quite obsolete now.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com