POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : DVD won't play : Re: DVD won't play Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD won't play
From: Hughes, B
Date: 22 Feb 2004 23:40:23
Message: <40398437$1@news.povray.org>
"Michael Robison" <zsp### [at] gtenet> wrote in message

> I'm trying to make a DVD out of a file I converted with TMPGenc using the
> DVD NTSC option.  It turned my AVI into a 33MB M2V file.  I then used my
> Roxio CD Creator to supposedly write the file (data option) to the DVD.
>
> Can you tell me what's wrong?  Is my copy of Roxio CD Creator too cheap?
> The only option was to finalize the session, not finalize the CD.  The
> finalize
> CD option was greyed out.  Is that the problem?  Or is it that I'm using
an
> option for a data write.  Can I write the data to the DVD with TMPGenc?

I'm confused. I have the Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator software but I don't
know about the "CD Creator" making DVD's... It really has that capability?
:-)  Oh. I just found an article saying it was added to Easy CD Creator a
year ago. Nevermind.

You said "data option". Wouldn't that only place the file onto the disk
without preparing it for DVD playback? Could be that's the trouble right
there.

I've made a only few CD's (VCD) and DVD's but it usually goes okay. I've had
trouble with multiple animation files though, I'm guessing when they
encounter that PBC thing (Play Back Control) used in the player. I don't
know much about it really. What'll happen is they freeze-frame at scene
changes and not play that segment. Must move on to next one to continue. I
haven't made any in a long time so I don't know anything more.

Aside from that, CD-R's, CD-RW's and DVD+RW's (I only have the plus kind)
seem to have done well in the two cheap Apex players I've had.

I've only used TMPGEnc for MPG's going to CD (VCD) so I don't know about the
DVD option. Looking at www.dvdrhelp.com I see there's a specific "authoring"
version. You might want to have a look at that web site anyhow, if you
haven't yet. Plenty of info there.

I've also heard people say bit-rate tweaking can be a real issue for audio
sync I suppose, but heck, I let the programs choose for me. Which is why I
bought a movie-making computer from Dell instead of dealing with yet more
frustration than I have already.

Good luck with it.

Bob H.