POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Which version of Poser? : Re: Which version of Poser? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which version of Poser?
From: gonzo
Date: 19 Feb 2004 01:16:43
Message: <403454cb@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message
> I've used both Poser 4 and Poser 5.  If you plan to buy DAZ models, you
> might like Poser 4 (Poser Artist) just fine, if you want to save a little
> money.  But (as Gilles already stated), the default models in Poser 5 are
> much more detailed, and the dynamic cloth(es) is a feature that I couldn't
> imagine being without at this point.

Clothing is a major issue. Does P5 have more clothes than P4?  Right now I
spend a lot of time making accessories in Hamapatch, and tweaking the 2 or 3
usable stock items to get a little more out of them.

Looking at the features list of P5, it didn't really look worth spending the
cash, but the comments here sound like the dynamic clothing is a pretty good
feature.

RG