POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Which version of Poser? : Re: Which version of Poser? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 15:36:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which version of Poser?
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 18 Feb 2004 08:42:32
Message: <40336bc8$1@news.povray.org>
I've used both Poser 4 and Poser 5.  If you plan to buy DAZ models, you
might like Poser 4 (Poser Artist) just fine, if you want to save a little
money.  But (as Gilles already stated), the default models in Poser 5 are
much more detailed, and the dynamic cloth(es) is a feature that I couldn't
imagine being without at this point.

After I bought it a couple months ago, I upgraded to service pack 3 right
away (from Curious Labs' site), and I haven't had any technical problems,
but I'm not a heavy user at this point.  Poser (imho), has never been very
user friendly, and getting the models into a proper pose can be a tough job.
But since you've used Poser 3, you probably realize that already, and know
what you're getting into.  I'm personally happy with Poser 5, but I could
name quite a few things that would make it better (multiple levels of undo
would be a good start!).

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com

"Ian Shumsky" <ian### [at] outerarmdemoncouk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I recently bought a new computer, but my dusty old Poser 3 won't run.
Seems
> that if you have 1GB or more of memory then Poser 3 thinks you have none.
As
> the suggested remedy is to remove physical memory until Poser 3 starts is
> non-starter, it may be time to upgrade.
>
> So... Should I spend my hard erned cash on a Poser 4 or Poser 5 upgrade?
> From the price list at http://www.egisys.de/onlinestore/index_en.html, I
can