POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lighting : Re: Lighting Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting
From: Dan P
Date: 4 Feb 2004 11:04:15
Message: <402117ff$1@news.povray.org>
Also, I find that using multiple light sources can go along way. Throw a
bright, shadowless indigo light at a different location (color rgb <0.8,
0.9, 1> for example) and it will add a lot of depth. In reality, there is
rarely only one light source and you don't always need radiosity to get a
realistic effect. Look at a book cover once: often, you'll see that one side
of the face is lit with a yellowish light and the other side is light with
an indigo/cyan light. It makes a really neat effect.

If you're willing, we're interested in seeing your work if you post it on a
site and helping you out that way too. There are lots of tricks of light
(pun intended) that can turn a blah scene into something amazing.