POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : interlaced movies from povray animations : Re: interlaced movies from povray animations Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interlaced movies from povray animations
From: Fidel Viegas
Date: 1 Jan 2004 16:57:53
Message: <3ff497e1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:

  > With all due respect, and as far as I can see (and I'm not
omniscient), you
> are completely mistaken as to what POV-Ray is.  When we "render," it's
> taking line of code like
>
> sphere{z+clock*x, 0.1 pigment{red 1} finish{ambient 1}}
>
> and turning it into a single bitmap.  There's also a way to do animations,
> but the output of povray is then a stack of individual bitmaps, and you
> have to use totally independent software to turn the stack of bitmaps into
> a movie.
>

> Greg M. Johnson

Hi Greg,

maybe you didn't understand my question. I know what povray is and what
it does.

I am using povray on a Mac. Although I can generate movie files from
povray scripts, I do generate a .tga sequence because I can put it
together with another utility.
I had never generated movies to play on my TV, so hence my question.

There was once a debate about field rendering support on povray. That is
  why I asked.

Anyway, I managed to sort it out with Final Cut Pro.

What I was looking for can be found here:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/127/

All the best

Fidel.