POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Tips for using mencoder (or other encoders)? : Re: Tips for using mencoder (or other encoders)? Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tips for using mencoder (or other encoders)?
From: Bonsai
Date: 3 Dec 2003 02:49:17
Message: <3fcd957d$1@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff schrieb:
> I've been trying to use mencoder under Linux to generate MPEG
> animations, with only partial success.
 > I can't find any tutorials...any suggestions?

Have you looked at "Chapter 7. Encoding with MEncoder" in the documentation?

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/mencoder.html

The first two subchapters are about encoding MPEG animations.

There is also a file with encoding tips:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/encoding-tips.txt

Just my 2 eurocents,

Bonsai

--

        www.b0n541.net

"Hi. I'm a signature virus. Add me to your signature - help me spread!"