POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : poseray poser5 conversion : Re: poseray poser5 conversion Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:53:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: poseray poser5 conversion
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 Sep 2003 15:13:10
Message: <3f6a03c6@news.povray.org>

news:3f69fb0e@news.povray.org...
> I'm trying to convert a poser5 figure to povray 3.5. Poseray is a huge
help,
> but I do not know how to convert trans maps and Eye textures (see p.b.i.).
> I tried a lot and read the manual but now I think I need a little bit
help..

> Can anyone give me a hint?

Well, I always discard the texture code produced by the converters and
reworks it from scratch, keeping only the texture names... When it's done
once, it's reusable for other posers of the same model. For transmaps, I use
code like the following one :

#declare T_Hair=texture {
        image_pattern{jpeg "AliceHairTR.jpg" interpolate 2}
        texture_map{
            [0 pigment{Clear} finish{ambient 0 diffuse 0}]
            [1 pigment {image_map{jpeg "AliceHairTX.jpg" interpolate 2}  }]
        }
 }

Poseray has become sophisticated and more recent versions make actually
produce this sort of code, I don't know.

About the eye problem, there are Poser models that require a completely
transparent texture for the Eyeball part (and sometimes upper eyebrows too).

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com