POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Platform Independent Render Farm Manager? : Re: Platform Independent Render Farm Manager? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:37:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Platform Independent Render Farm Manager?
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 18 Jun 2003 11:00:00
Message: <3ef07e6f@news.povray.org>
Aerial Bear wrote:
> Does anyone know of a tool that will manage animations across servers
> regardless of platform?
>
> I have a small network running both linux and windows and I'd like an easy
> tool for parceling animation frames across the network.

Well, I am developing RendView for that job. RendView should work pretty
well for POSIX boxes and has been tested in Linux networks.
However, it should not be very hard to port RendView to Cygwin and thus
have it run under Windows as well.

RendView has several features -- you may need to hack a lot if you
want to implement them all in Java.

Just let me know...
I may consider porting to Cygwin if anyone is interested in that.
(And also you may feel free to do that and send me the patch. :)

http://www.cip.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~wwieser/ani/rendview/

> The tool I'm imagining would also allow you to split a single frame across
> servers as well.

RendView will NOT split frames.

Cheers,
Wolfgang