POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rune? Christoph Hormann? : Rune? Christoph Hormann? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Rune? Christoph Hormann?
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 13 Mar 2003 15:22:09
Message: <3e70e871@news.povray.org>
I've got a question about your implemenations of
Hugo Elias' description for water. I'm trying it myself,
so I've got the array x*y and save the heights as
floats, later converting it to positions.

But, when I just raise a single point, I get a stupid
kind of criss-cross effect: One node will stick
out, and the adjacent won't. I know that this is
supposed to happen on the first step of raising
a point, but how do I get rid of this? How did
you achieve that, surely you've run into the same
kind of trouble?

I'll keep experimenting until I hear something from
you guys...

Regards,
Tim

--