POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Plea for a PoV-Ray binary scene format : Re: Plea for a PoV-Ray binary scene format Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plea for a PoV-Ray binary scene format
From: marabou
Date: 3 Aug 2002 19:51:38
Message: <3d4c6c89@news.povray.org>
"we should not kill a fly with an newspaper. we should use a pumpgun. it
has the advantage that everybody can use it." (selfquotation)

sorry to all pacifists...

[..]
>Among numerous ideas:
>- To give a model without revealing some tricks used to make it. So it
>still can be rendered with different point of view, lighting, etc.
>Of course, this format can be disassembled, but in "unrolled" format, ie.
>with only the raw list of generated objects, without the coding wizardry
>that could have been used to create it.
[..]

if you do not want to see anybody your excellent code just give away your
file in a binary "scene" format like this:
.jpeg, tga.gz, .ppm