POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I shift the image plane? : Re: How can I shift the image plane? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I shift the image plane?
From: TinCanMan
Date: 27 Apr 2002 02:56:33
Message: <3cca4ba1$1@news.povray.org>
I don't think you are trying to apply stereo images properly.  In your
images, what you are calling bad (Maintaining the look_at while moving the
camera) is actually proper.  The fact that it strains the eyes is reality.
Hold a plate to the bridge of your nose and try to focus on the front and
back edges at the same time... impossible.  This is effectively what should
happen to the disc in your picture. Since it is relatively flat compared to
the viewing angle, it should be difficult to focus in on the whole disc in a
stereogram just as in reality. Or maybe i misunderstand what you want to
achieve.

-tgq