POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Trivariate NURBS function (100KB) : Re: A Trivariate NURBS function (100KB) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Trivariate NURBS function (100KB)
From: Shay
Date: 18 Apr 2002 17:54:24
Message: <3cbf4090$1@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

As usual, your image inspires me to do a little reading and research. If
Pov's parsing speed is too slow for multi-dimensional functions, would it be
difficult to parse these functions in another language and return mesh
points?

Also, it appears that your function has produced some *almost* redundant
spheres. I can see rows that look as if they disappear into the "surface" of
the shape. Is this truly the case?

I got a good (perhaps) idea for a new surface today at work, hopefully I
will have something to post tomorrow if I can get a chance to do some Poving
tonight.

 -Shay