POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : POV Memory : RE: POV Memory Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:53:42 EDT (-0400)
  RE: POV Memory
From: majucatur
Date: 22 Feb 2002 13:09:57
Message: <3c768975@news.povray.org>
Sorry, malloc is the function, I'm writting my program in C, but what I want
to know is the Algorithm or procedure to distribute the memory, for example:

sphere needs 3 coordinates for the center and a radius, each variable takes
4 bytes of memory, well, I need 16 bytes for a sphere, but for a box I need
24 bytes...

sphere    16 bytes
box          24 bytes
cone        28 bytes
cylinder   28 bytes
plane       16 bytes
torus          8 bytes

this are without transformations, they need more memory, that's the problem,
my memori not is infinite