POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spiral around a sphere. How? : Spiral around a sphere. How? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:32:48 EDT (-0400)
  Spiral around a sphere. How?
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 3 Feb 2002 18:43:48
Message: <3c5dcb34@news.povray.org>
I'm requesting some help for creating a small object.  I want to basically
wrap a rounded spiral around a sphere.

I have placed an example picture of what I'm trying to accomplish on the
povray.binaries.images.

The image I posted shows a roundish spiral snaking around a sphere.

How can I make something like that?  I'm no math whiz so I'm not sure what I
could use to make something like that.  Can you use an isosurface of some
sort or would it be a spline?

Basically I have no clue.  Any helpful input would be appreciated!

Patrick Dugan