POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL walking, stopping and turning - Final : Re: AL walking, stopping and turning - Final Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:11:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL walking, stopping and turning - Final
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 6 Jan 2002 16:28:47
Message: <3c38c18f@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:
> "Jan Walzer" wrote:
> > Wow ... extremely nice ...
>
> Thank you! :)

no problem ...

> > but now: Nitpicking ! *g
>
> The best part!

of course ...

> > have you seen closely the feets in the frames 160-170 ?
> >
> > when he turns, it seems, that the inner foot moves into
> > the outer one ... at least it seemes so ...
>
> That's probably right. I hadn't seen that. Hmm, now to find out how to
avoid
> that...

Hmmm ... How 'bout constructing Al as a Particlesystem ...
with:
 - _many_ small blobs ...
 - _many_ forces between these particles ...
 - these particles forming the body of Al ...
 - and: ..... Particlecollission-detection ..... *tataaa* ?

--
"Somehow what you suggest is like suggesting to add drills \ jan### [at] lzernet
to cars so you can drill for oil when you run out of fuel.  \