POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Spider Crawling Along Path : Re: Spider Crawling Along Path Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spider Crawling Along Path
From: Alf Peake
Date: 3 Nov 2001 10:58:27
Message: <3be41423@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
[snip]
> Maybe you could send me the model and if I like it I could use it
for the
> animation? :)

I don't have a decent source handy right now, its very modified and
messy. A mix of Pov 2.1, 3 and 3.1. I uploaded a clean source to
Compuserve around 97/98 so should have that archived around here
somewhere. I'll let you know if I find it.

These are some pics, the first may be a dead link now.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alf_Peake/SPIDER.JPG
http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/pix1/web2.jpg

Each leg has 4 segments, and each knee is a section of a torus divided
with a short cylinder inserted. Each knee was in a single plane and
could cover around 160 deg. An infinite number of solutions for each
shoulder / foot location :( I used "90 deg phase" between legs on one
side and 180 deg difference between sides.

Alf