POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Spider Crawling Along Path : Re: Spider Crawling Along Path Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:00:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spider Crawling Along Path
From: Rune
Date: 3 Nov 2001 07:49:14
Message: <3be3e7ca@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" wrote:
> Very nice!

Thanks! :)

> The only thing I would comment is that it looks a bit
> "hoppy", like the body bobs up and down

I noticed that too but only in the final render and I didn't want to
rerender then.

> I'm very impressed with all these things you manage
> to get POV to do. I wish I knew more about math and such...

I don't use advanced math, only things like solving linear equations and
such (ok, also a bit trigonometry occasionally). The tricky part is to have
the creativity to come up with the right techniques I guess.

One of the things I've learned that I've had the most use of in many
different projects is to take a lot of samples, store them in arrays, and
then interpolate linearly between them. It's extremely powerful. A typical
use is to move a point with constant speed along a spline even though the
spline doesn't have constant speed.

But anyway, so far all my animations have been merely tests. I admire those
who come beyond that...

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)