POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Walking Along a Path WIP1 : Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1
From: Rune
Date: 24 Oct 2001 08:59:03
Message: <3bd6bb17@news.povray.org>
"Reusser" wrote:
> How would you keep the motion at a constant speed?
> Splines generally do not have a constant velocity
> vector along them.  Wouldn't a cubic spline make
> the walk/run speed up and slow down?

Since splines allows to adjust both control points and time values, it's
often possible to tweak a spline to be somewhat constant in speed.

However, when people walk they don't keep constant speed. Every time one
starts or stops walking or when turning in a curve the speed of the walk
changes. When one goes from walk to run or things like that the speed also
changes.

> Would the character go from a walk to a run as it
> speeds up?

Yes, that's the idea. Not implemented yet though, but I'm working on it.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)